Date & Time
- -Saturday, September 24, 2016
- -Race starts at 8:00 AM sharp
- -Runner check-in and day-of registration from 6:45 AM - 7:45 AM
- -Stillwell Science Building on the WCU campus.
- -Visit the campus map, then under "Find a Location", click "Stillwell Science Building"
- -The course will take you on a partial tour of the WCU campus, including running past the signature fountain in the campus center. The route offers a mix of flatland and hills. Click here to download a PDF of the course map.
- -All entrants must register and pay prior to participation.
- -All entrants must sign a Race Waiver prior to participation.
- -Entrants under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign the Race Waiver on their behalf.
- -This race is open to runners, joggers and walkers.
- -All participants should have the ability to complete the race within 50 minutes. The course must be cleared by 9:00 am.
- -T-shirts will be included to the first 100 to pre-register for the 5k. Anyone who registers as a WCU student must bring their catcard on race day to receive their shirt.
- -Refreshments will be provided for 5K registrants.
- -Awards will be presented to the top three male & female runners in each age category
- Overall Male and Female winners will have their names engreaved on the WCU 5K Cup.
- -Age categories:|17 & under|18-29|30-49|50 & up|
- -Restrooms are available for participants and are located in the Stillwell Science Building
- -Water stations will be set up on the course as well as refreshments after the race.
If you have questions or comments, please email email@example.com or contact Dr. Charles Parrish (firstname.lastname@example.org, 828-227-8442).